[Radiance-general] compile problems due to src/rt/Version.c

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Nov 21 08:09:21 PST 2012

Hi all,

I had experienced that problem several times (don't know how many) before. I fixed it manually all the time by editing Version.c (which should be aut-generated by the makefile). As it just happened again to me, I wanted to share that the reason for the incomplete Version.c when installing on a standard Debian.

Radiance depends on the editor "ed" to create it using a template file. If you install it, make install will hopefully pass without errors. So in case you expect such problems, type apt-get install ed (as superuser)...

Cheers, Lars.