[Radiance-general] different results

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Nov 5 01:47:57 PST 2012

Hi Shailan,

you did not make the model available, so this is all guess-work. By the
way, as Greg mentioned, we do not attach files on this email list,
instead use some web- or ftp-space and embed a link into your mail, please.

What you had sent were the parameters used processing the model using
Radiance tools (collected in rif-files for rad, the control program for
scene processing). The only interesting difference I found in there was
the scene extent. While I cannot find out whether my assumption is true
or not, as I do not have access to the model, a different scene extent
(geometry) could point us to a difference in the model geometry. I have
no idea how the two rif-files were created, but if the software doing so
did a good job, then one model starts at x=1 while the other starts at
x=2. Not exactly identical models.

Maybe you find a way to put your model onto a ftp or website so that
others can have a look at it. Aside, you could use objline or objview or
any kind of scene previewer, rotate a bit, and check that there are no
obstructions in front of one model's facade or any unwanted differences.
You can also use getbbox on both radfiles - the bounding box for two
identical geometries should be the same...

Cheers, Lars.