[Radiance-general] running radiance on multiple cores

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:16:41 PDT 2012

Another workaround is to use vwrays and rtrace instead of rpiece, like so:

	set vargs=`rad -s -n -V -v $vw $rif OPTF=render.opt`
	vwrays -ff -x $xr -y $yr $vargs | rtrace -n $nprocs -ffc `vwrays -d -x $xr -y $yr $vargs` @render.opt $octree > render.hdr

The first command sets the view and puts rendering options in a file for rtrace.  The side-effect is that every pixel gets rendered, and of course you will want to run pfilt on the output in most cases.  (You can of course add it to the command with "| pfilt -1 -x /3 -y /3 -r .6" after rtrace.)

-Greg