[Radiance-general] running radiance on multiple cores

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Wed May 23 13:47:36 PDT 2012

I have had this problem (tiles getting written to the wrong xy image
location) as well and tried to track down the issue to little avail. I
think the easiest thing to do is render separate tiles and assemble as a
post process. I think that this is also actually preferable at least
from the standpoint of file locking over a network. Probably a variety
of ways to do this.

I have not tried Giulio's trick with the populating the ambient cache, I
would like to give it a try if I get a chance. Typically I have run one
process to populate the ambient cache before distributing the tiles.

-Jack

See this before, many times.