[Radiance-general] Cross Platform Radiance Installers Now Available

James Lee list at oxdrove.co.uk
Thu May 3 06:15:15 PDT 2012

On 01/05/12, 17:23:43, "Guglielmetti," Robert
<Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov> wrote regarding [Radiance-general] Cross
Platform Radiance Installers Now Available:

> NREL has completed a project aimed at making Radiance more accessible to
> building simulationists, regardless of what platform they are using. This
> will benefit users of the OpenStudio SDK and applications, as well as
> anyone interested in using the powerful raytracing software but reluctant
> to learn how to compile code.

> Working with Greg Ward and Kitware, we have modified the Radiance source
> tree to allow us to build Radiance easily for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

...but harder for Solaris.  cmake building fails when making Version.c:

[ 62%] Generating /src/rt/Version.c
CMake Error: Error processing file:/src/rt/create_version.cmake
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
cd /work/build/radiance/32/rt && /opt/XXXX/bin/cmake
-DVERSION_OUT_FILE="/src/rt/Version.c"
-DVERSION_IN_FILE="/src/rt/VERSION" -DVERSION_GOLD="/src/rt/Version.c" -P
/src/rt/create_version.cmake
dmake: Fatal error: Command failed for target `/src/rt/Version.c'
Current working directory /work/build/radiance/32
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
dmake -f rt/CMakeFiles/radiance.dir/build.make
rt/CMakeFiles/radiance.dir/depend
dmake: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`rt/CMakeFiles/radiance.dir/all'
Current working directory /work/build/radiance/32
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
cd /work/build/radiance/32 && dmake -f CMakeFiles/Makefile2 rt/all
dmake: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

It looks like it's lost "radiance_SOURCE_DIR".

James.