[Radiance-general] Cross Platform Radiance Installers Now Available

Marija Velickovic maricanis at gmail.com
Thu May 3 00:53:26 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,

Very nice to have current Radiance version on Windows.

I've installed binary setup file in Windows and set PATH and RAYPATH
environment variables as suggested on web page.
I have few other Radiance installations in Windows (inside Daysim for
example), so I've experimented with PATH and RAYPATH variable, and put path
to new Radiance installation as first in both variables and I get next
message when I try to run any program:

*The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration
is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line
sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.*

I also tried to remove all paths related to other Radiance installations
from PATH and RAYPATH varialbes, but still getting the same error message.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Marija