[Radiance-general] Cross Platform Radiance Installers Now Available

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Tue May 1 09:23:43 PDT 2012

Greetings simulationists (and apologies for the cross postings),

NREL has completed a project aimed at making Radiance more accessible to
building simulationists, regardless of what platform they are using. This
will benefit users of the OpenStudio SDK and applications, as well as
anyone interested in using the powerful raytracing software but reluctant
to learn how to compile code.

Working with Greg Ward and Kitware, we have modified the Radiance source
tree to allow us to build Radiance easily for Windows, Mac, and Linux. We
Offer installers of the latest (HEAD) release, and we will update these
every
two weeks. These installers also include a GUI version of rvu (that also
runs on Windows!). Instructions for downloading and installing these
packages
can be found at the following page:

openstudio.nrel.gov/getting-started-developer/getting-started-radiance

We hope these prove useful for many in the Radiance and general building
simulation communities.

We will add instructions for using the CMake build system on your own
systems soon.

Happy raytracing!

- Rob

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP