[Radiance-general] pcomb-masking color channels

Humann Chris chris at coolshadow.com
Tue Mar 27 15:19:15 PDT 2012

Dear group,

I'd like to be able to generate two separate images from an HDR image
of the sky vault: one with blue sky; the other with clouds and sun
(assuming it's not occluded).  I'm not well versed in the usage of
'pcomb' but I'm assuming I'll need to somehow create a mask based on
both color and brightness thresholds.  It seems from my archive search
that a call to 'pgblur' with a high radius might help in defining
sharper boundaries between clouds and blue sky. (http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2008-May/005046.html
)

Has anyone been successful in achieving something similar?

As always, thanks!

Chris