[Radiance-general] obj2rad splitting planar surfaces?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:12:49 PDT 2012

Hi Randolph,

Seems obj2rad has an initial test to determine if a polygon has specified normals.  If it does, then it breaks it into triangles.  Once it looks at the triangles, it then sees if the normals actually require interpolation or not.  If they don't, then it doesn't specify a texture, but they still get output as triangles.

Is it a problem?  Just take off the normals if it is.

Best,
-Greg