[Radiance-general] Divide by zero in luminaire model / brightdata

Gregory J. Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:40:21 PDT 2012

Hi Randolph,

Looking at your files, the problem seems to be the usage of lboxcorr, which specifies in the comment at the beginning of source.cal requires that the impostor geometry be centered at the origin.  The xform command following genbox that someone created does not put the center at the origin.  You can correct for this by either switching the "lboxcorr" to the slightly less-accurate "boxcorr" variable, or adding a transform to your brightdata string arguments (-t 0 0 0.08).  The ies2rad program never outputs "lboxcorr" because of its finicky nature.

Best,
-Greg