[Radiance-general] Re : FW: difficulties about installation of radiance on linux

slama imène arch_imen2004 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 21 01:53:48 PDT 2012

thank you Rob
imène

________________________________
 De : "Guglielmetti, Robert" <Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov>
À : Radiance general discussion <radiance-general at radiance-online.org>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 20 juin 2012 20h52
Objet : [Radiance-general] FW: difficulties about installation of radiance on linux

Just realized I never actually cc'd the list on this reply…
-Rob

On 6/20/12 10:19 AM, "Guglielmetti, Robert" <Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov<mailto:Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov>> wrote:

Hello Imene,

This error means that you do not have the "csh" script interpreter. The makeall script is written in csh, so when you try to run it, you get that error. It's odd that you don't have csh, most Linux systems leave it installed even though the "bash" interpreter is used more often. Can you tell us a little more about what system you're using?

I have copied the radiance-general mailing list because there are a couple of other options people could point you to for help. Bernd Zeimetz maintains an installer package for Debian systems, which would be super easy if you can install .deb packages on your system. NREL maintains a package with a "self installing script" option, but ours is written to use the "sh" interpreter, and if you don't have csh, you probably don't have sh either. Radiance listers also have other tricks up their sleeves.

My advice is to go to this link:

…and sign up for the radiance-general list. I also advise you do NOT sign up for digest delivery mode, because then you only get updates once a day.

See you on the list!

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory