[Radiance-general] Current practice for LEED sky modelling?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jun 19 08:41:10 PDT 2012

Hi Chris, Rob, so what are you using as sun luminance? Some average from weather data? A theoretical value from a model? John's examples are a great demonstration for the problem. I am rather sure that an invalid assumption for the direct sun in a sky model would by far outnumber the effect of changing a sky distribution to whatever model. Is there common sense that if "clear sky" is referenced, I should use the CIE clear sky without any modification, just as what I get from gensky? Or should I feed in at least an illuminance reading either from my own measurement or from weather data?

Cheers, Lars.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Architect Lars O. Grobe