[Radiance-general] Current practice for LEED sky modelling?

Chris Coulter Chris.Coulter at burohappold.com
Tue Jun 19 06:16:07 PDT 2012

Lars,

I have done several LEED compliance calculations in the past using clear
sky with sun (+s as the gensky parameter). This allows for daylight
redirecting devices to push light further into a space, and more
recently the requirement for glare control above 500fc.

My take is that the phrase "clear sky" does not mean "clear sky without
sun" as might be mistaken in general radiance terms. I've always assumed
the sun is included.

None of our submitted calculations have been questioned to date, so
assume that this is acceptable.
Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Chris Coulter