[Radiance-general] partly covered source

giulio antonutto antonutto at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 24 13:05:20 PDT 2012

Alternatively there is another option.
derive illuminance from a standard image.
so:
render what a calculation point sees in view -h mode
then write a script to process the luminance data and the angular location alongside the solid angle of a single pixel.
the total contribution, the sum, would be the total illuminance, regardless of any subdivision etc.
but it takes 1 image for each point and you may need to investigate the resolution required to capture all sources (if small)…
we have done this before (Andy,remember?) and it works quite well.
In fact the method can be extended to calculate reflections and caustics...
Good luck with the judge!