[Radiance-general] partly covered source

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 23 16:03:33 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I just encountered a strange different behavior between rtrace and rpict:
If the sun ( using "source") is  covered in large parts (in that case
more than half) I can still "see" the uncovered parts in the image
(=>this is what I expect). In case I calculate at the same point and in
the same direction the illuminance with rtrace -I, I get zero
contribution.  Is just the center of the source description tested in
that case? Any solution for this for rtrace?
I just look for the sun, no sky description and use only direct
calculation (-ab 0) .

Thanks,

Jan

--
Dr.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Head of Team Passive Systems and Daylighting
jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

In office:
Mo,Tue: 8:30-18:00