[Radiance-general] "-z" option for falsecolor2.csh is missing?

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 7 13:37:36 PDT 2012

There should be no CSH version of falsecolor2. The "2" is there to
distinguish the Python implementation of the old falsecolor CSH script from
the original precisely because there are command line options that are not
available in the original program.

That said, you can use falsecolor2 on any system that provides Python. Mac
OS X comes with Python preinstalled and I don't think there are any
problems with any of the default Python versions. You have to download the
source file from the Google Code repository:

http://code.google.com/p/pyrat/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fwxfalsecolor

You only need the "falsecolor2.py" file for command line operations. It
behaves almost like the CSH original and also provides help if you add a
"-h" to the command line arguments.

Thomas