[Radiance-general] artifact while rendering glass in tmesh solved?

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 11:57:22 PST 2012

Hi Iebele,

The thread with Francesco was discussed off-line.  It had to do with the way Blender and Python were outputting surface normals.  Are you using Blender to create your model?  Perhaps the problem persists.

The obj2mesh program is supposed to handle odd vertex normals and correct them if they disagree with the surface orientation or whatnot.  I can't say what's going on in your case without getting an example file from you and spending some time on it.

Cheers,
-Greg