[Radiance-general] Curved mirror surfaces

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Wed Feb 1 08:24:00 PST 2012

Hi Jill,

have you checked the material definition that is exported by Ecotect? if
I remember correctly Ecotect exports "mirrors" as "plastic" so you'll
need to manually edit the definition in the .rad file.
And check that the normals are oriented the right way around.
Finally curved mirror reflections necessarily have to be approximated by
a mesh in this approach, so it will never look absolutely right....

Hope this helps,

Giovanni