[Radiance-general] GenCumulativeSky compiled for Mac?

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 02:12:00 PST 2012

Hi, John, thanks for your reply!

Is your approach of generating cumulative sky described in your PhD thesis?
I'll go back to read through it.

BTW, I tried to compile GenCumulativeSky on Mac OS (the version modifed by
Prof Christoph Reinhart), and I got some error messages shown below which I
assume are related to C++ programming convention:

cSkyVault.cpp: In member function ‘void
cSkyVault::CalculateSky(cSkyVault::eSunType, bool, bool, double)’:
cSkyVault.cpp:183: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to
‘char*’
climateFile.cpp: In member function ‘bool
cClimateFile::ReadClimateFile(char*, int, cClimateFile::eClimateFileFormat,
double, double, int, int, int, int)’:
climateFile.cpp:68: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char*’, but argument
8 has type ‘char (*)[1000]’
climateFile.cpp:68: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char*’, but argument
8 has type ‘char (*)[1000]’
climateFile.cpp:74: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char*’, but argument
3 has type ‘char (*)[1000]’
climateFile.cpp:74: warning: format ‘%s’ expects type ‘char*’, but argument
3 has type ‘char (*)[1000]’
gendiscretesky.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 3 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 4 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 5 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 6 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 3 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 4 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 5 has type ‘int’
gendiscretesky.cpp:180: warning: format ‘%2.0f’ expects type ‘double’, but
argument 6 has type ‘int’

Strangely, the compiled one can still be used with all the functions
intact.

So, I'd like to ask:
1) what does the error message mean?
2) will the errors affect the compilation?
3) what should I do to the source code to get rid of these errors?

- Cheers, Ji

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 5:54 PM, John Mardaljevic <J.Mardaljevic at lboro.ac.uk