[Radiance-general] Spherical sensor

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 01:56:27 PDT 2012

Hi Minki!
> I am sorry for my too late response to your kind comment. I read your
> script and it is so helpful. I am using Radiance to calculate
> ultraviolet intensity. So I don't need to convert radiance to
> illuminance, but need to revise the script for multiply points sampling.
> Thank you as always.
The script can do that, you just need to remove the multiplication with
Radiance's assumed luminous efficacy (179) and the color weighting
(R*.265+G*.670+B*.065) in the last line. So let the script end as

(...)
| total -if3 -m

And remove the backslash and the last line. I am assuming that you have
set equal values in all channels (R=G=B in all source, material
definitions).

Unfortunately, especially for small light sources of high intensity, you
must set a rather high sampling density N not to miss out important
sources. The script sends out rays to random directions, other then
Radiance's integrated direct calculation which keeps a list of sources
with known locations to check.

Cheers, Lars.