[Radiance-general] CIE 171: 2006 'Validation' Dataset

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Tue Sep 27 13:57:56 PDT 2011

David delivered another excellent presentation at this year's workshop, and his email address from that slide deck is:

David.Geisler-Moroder at bartenbach.com

Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
Commercial Buildings Research Group
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
1617 Cole Blvd MS:RSF202
Golden, CO 80401
T. 303.275.4319
F. 303.630.2055
E. robert.guglielmetti at nrel.gov

On 9/27/11 2:50 PM, "Michael Donn" <Michael.Donn at vuw.ac.nz<mailto:Michael.Donn at vuw.ac.nz>> wrote:

Hi All:

I have a grad student who has been working on running Radiance and 3DS Max alongside each other through these test cases – as step one in his understanding of matching real to simulated data. Apart from re-identifying the erroneous data in one of the datasets, and the extreme render settings for convergence for another case, he has identified two reports of work (with Radiance) like this. Anyone know:

a)      How we might get access to the full data

b)      How we might contact these folks?

http://www.diamond-congress.hu/cie2009/03menu/binx/22_Raphael_Labayrade.pdf

http://www.radiance-online.org/radiance-workshop7/Content/Geisler-Moroder/RW2008_DGM_AD.pdf

As Jake notes: “The second looks particularly interesting however I can't find the full set of test cases...”

[cid:image001.png at 01CC7DC4.16017CC0]<http://www.victoria.ac.nz/architecture/staff/michael-donn.aspx>

Quality Assurance makes simulation believable

Michael Donn

Victoria University of Wellington School of Architecture
PO Box 600
139 Vivian St
Wellington
New Zealand