[Radiance-general] Convergence

Randolph M. Fritz RFritz at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 6 15:27:15 PDT 2011

Thanks.  Yes, I've looked at it and will do more looking.

I am suspecting that no-one has done general convergence studies on the
algorithms used in Radiance, alas.  It would be really useful
information to have in hand for us practitioners.  Sounds like it could
be a PhD dissertation in applied mathematics, though.

Randolph

On 2011-09-02 12:16:06 -0700, Guglielmetti, Robert said:

> His Ph.D thesis has a ton of great stuff on that. It's all hosted on his
> website.
>

> Rob Guglielmetti  IESNA, LEED AP
> Commercial Buildings Research Group
> National Renewable Energy Laboratory
> 1617 Cole Blvd MS:RSF202
> Golden, CO 80401
> T. 303.275.4319
> F. 303.630.2055
> E. robert.guglielmetti at nrel.gov
>

> On 9/2/11 1:04 PM, "Randolph M. Fritz"
> <RFritz at lbl.gov> wrote:
>
>> Are there other articles or discussions of simulation convergence than
>> John's Mardaljevic's excellent one in *Rendering with Radiance*?  Any
>> pointers?
>>
>> --
>> Randolph

Randolph