[Radiance-general] accounting for irradiance due to ultraviolet in rtrace

Robert Ong robert.harsono.ong at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 08:14:35 PDT 2011

Hi Lars and Chris,

Thank you all for constructive discussions.

I should've pointed out earlier that I'm only a novice user in Radiance.

@Lars: do you mean like this? rcalc -e '$1=($1*0.33+$2*0.33+$3*0.33)' or
rcalc -e '$1=0.4*($1*0.265+$2*0.67+$3*0.065)' ? the factor of 0.4 comes
from dividing the wavelength spectrum of UVR (120-400nm) to PAR
(400-700nm)...

@Chris: do you mean I should scale my source and material definition by 4?

My apology if I didn't grasp your points clearly.

Thanks once again for your time and attention.

Kind Regards,
Robert