[Radiance-general] Daylighting metric for outdoor spaces

Mostapha Sadeghipour sadeghipour at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:27:27 PST 2011

Hi Andy,

Thank you for clarification and explanation. It was so informative.

I agree that using hours of sunshine (sunlight hours) in this way totally
make sense however in the code I mentioned it was a metric for building
envelopes (e.g. two hours of sunlight hours in 21st December is needed for
residential buildings).

As you said the weakness of metrics like VSC or Daylight Factor
(SC+ERC+IRC) is not being climate-based and orientation sensitive but maybe
this is the best possible way for now.

Thanks,
Mostapha