[Radiance-general] Satel-light data into gendaylit

Jan Wienold jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
Sun Nov 6 03:11:03 PST 2011

Hi john,

you find the answer directly in the gendaylit man page or just by typing
gendaylit, you just have to use the -G option - see below.

Jan

gendaylit
gendaylit: Use error - arg count
Usage: gendaylit month day hour [-P|-W|-L] direct_value diffus_value
[options]
or   : gendaylit -ang altitude azimuth [-P|-W|-L] direct_value
diffus_value [options]
        -P epsilon delta  (these are the Perez parameters)
        -W direct-normal-irradiance diffuse-horizontal-irradiance (W/m^2)
        -L direct-normal-illuminance diffuse-horizontal-illuminance (lux)
        -G direct-horizontal-irradiance diffuse-horizontal-irradiance
(W/m^2)
        -O [0|1|2]  (0=output in W/m^2/sr visible, 1=output in W/m^2/sr
solar, 2=output in candela/m^2), default is 0

John Ford wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wondering if anyone else is using Satel-light data with gendaylit. I seem to only be able to get direct horizontal irradiance (Ees, according to the glossary) rather than direct normal irradiance (Eesn) from the Satel-light database.
>
> Can I just divide the direct horizontal irradiance by cos(altitude) to get the direct normal irradiance? Is that valid?
>
> John Ford.

Dr.-Ing. Jan Wienold
Project Manager
Fraunhofer-Institut für Solare Energiesysteme
Thermal Systems and Buildings, Lighting and Daylighting
Heidenhofstr. 2, 79110 Freiburg, Germany
Phone: +49(0)761 4588 5133 Fax:+49(0)761 4588 9133
jan.wienold at ise.fraunhofer.de
http://www.ise.fraunhofer.de

In office:
Mo,Tue: 8:30-18:00