[Radiance-general] modelling software

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Sun May 22 07:45:34 PDT 2011

Speaking of free, and SketchUp, NERL has been hard at work for the last year on an entirely new version of OpenStudio. OpenStudio was originally just a SketchUp plugin for the creation of EnergyPlus models, but we have rebuilt it from the ground up as an "analysis platform" for doing parametric analysis of whole building energy models.

For more information visit http://openstudio.nrel.gov, and for Radiance-specific info see this post:

https://openstudio.nrel.gov/forums/openstudio-plug-google-sketchup/help-desk/it-possible-connect-radiance-open-studio-if-it-yes-

It's very much in alpha phase at this point, but we are planning to get more of the Radiance functionality wired up in the coming months.

- Rob