[Radiance-general] Error: rtcontrib: fatal - incomplete ray value from rtrace

David Appelfeld d.appelfeld at gmail.com
Thu May 19 17:44:25 PDT 2011

Hi Greg again,

I have just reinstalled Radiance completely last week, because when I
generated rendering with three-phase method I have got light coming somehow
from wrong side and Andy suggested to reinstalled it.

I guess you may be right with the system limits. Because I have exceeded
number of opened files before and there could be maybe some other limit
which I am exceeding. Unfortunately I can not change the limits, I have
contacted the servers support but they cannot change it.

The parameters are quite high. I may reduce some but then I have to run
whole simulation again, also for the sensors which I have got results for.

-ab 5
-ad 2048
-as 0
-aa 0
-lw 1.00E-12
-ds 0.1
-dj 0.9
-dt 0
-dc 0.75
-n 4

I have started to run the simulation again and I will see how it goes. My
further step will be probably reduce the parameters.

Thank you for your advices.
David