[Radiance-general] 2011 International Radiance Workshop

Sandy Houck shouck at brummitt.com
Thu May 19 16:57:39 PDT 2011

Thank you - that is good to know!

Regards,

Sandy Houck   LEED AP BD+C, LC
Brummitt Energy Associates Inc
2171 India Street, Suite B
San Diego, CA  92101
619-531-1126 phone,  619-531-1101 fax
shouck at brummitt.com<http://www.brummitt.com/>
www.brummitt.com<http://www.brummitt.com/>

From: Andy McNeil [mailto:amcneil at lbl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 2:06 PM
To: Radiance general discussion
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] 2011 International Radiance Workshop

Hi Sandy,

I'll start by saying that we are very welcoming of beginners at the workshop.  We haven't planned a beginners tutorial during the seminars but  beginners will probably find John's seminar presentation on the ambient calculation parameters (-ab -ad -ar -aa etc) to be helpful.

The presentations during the workshop are given by attendees.  At this point there is no way to know what they will be.  Presentations at past workshops have cover a range of topics.

When I was a beginner I found the workshop to be inspiring.  While much of the detail was beyond my capability, conceptually it was all very interesting.  I also found the time between presentations, (coffee breaks, lunch and workshop dinner) when I had the opportunity to talk with more experienced users to be particularly valuable for beg.  The workshops provided the motivation I needed persevere.

If you are a complete beginner I'd suggest working through tutorials before the workshop.  But if your using Radiance now, you're probably know enough to find value in the workshop.

Best,
Andy

PS - Here's a great presentation from Rob at his second workshop (after attending the workshop a year before as self-described newbie).   http://www.radiance-online.org/radiance-workshop2/cd/Guglielmetti/abstract.html  Hopefully well have some presentations from relatively new users this year too.