[Radiance-general] Problems with impostor surface creation

Chien Si Harriman CHarriman at gb-eng.com
Thu May 19 14:09:08 PDT 2011

Hi all-

Thanks for all your help with the problem I'm having modeling glare from
light fixtures.  I have a very simple problem that I can't seem to
solve, as I'm trying to create the impostor surface.  I'm following the
example given in Chapter 5 of the Radiance Bible.  Pg 319 describes the
use of ies2rad.  I cannot get ies2rad to work!  I've tried everything I
can think of...I've tried putting my IES file in my installation folder,
I've tried copying ies2rad into a local temporary file and then copied
my IES files into the same directory, and running ies2rad.  Everytime, I
get an error

I'm running windows 7.  At the command prompt, I am typing:

ies2rad -t white -i .56419 LLM154T5.ies

the program always responds:
<null> No such file or directory

I believe ies2rad is working.  If I type in ies2rad I get the following
response:
ies2rad: missing output file specification

I know this is a basic question, but new to me.  Any help would be
appreciated!