[Radiance-general] task plane illuminance

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Thu May 19 11:48:17 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:21 PM, dharam <dharmesh.124 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1. I am using Ecotect export to Radiance. In Ecotect, I placed camera to
> get illuminance image, but it seems that the output image shows lux levels
> on ground level. It doesn't give lux contours on a task plane (at any
> level). Can anyone help me out in getting lux levels on a certain height.

Once again:

1) create a grid for the room
2) set the height for the grid to your work plane height
3) export to Radiance and make sure to set the option to export the grid as
well
4) execute the *.bat file created by Ecotect
5) load the *.dat file that created by the *.bat file
6) use the Ecotect features to visualise the results

If you need help with Ecotect please contact Autodesk for support.

> 2. does autocad2009 have radout command for radiance export. can anyone hel
> p me know about it. thanks. and if any other way where i do modelling in
> autocad and export option to radiance?

Radout is not part of Autocad. You have to download and install it. You can
find information on radout on Georg Mischler's page:

http://www.schorsch.com/en/download/radout/

I don't know if the offered versions still work on Autocad 2009.

Regards,
Thomas