[Radiance-general] Modeling glare from light fixtures

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon May 16 11:19:36 PDT 2011

Hi!

On May 16, 2011, at 18:24, "Randolph M. Fritz" <RFritz at lbl.gov> wrote:

> I wonder if HDR images of an LED fixture would provide a useful basis for glare calculation.  I suppose one could, if one had the resources, move the camera around the luminaire, the way a photometer does, and create multiple images which, if we had a way of getting those images into Radiance, might provide a fairly accurate basis for glare computation.

I think we hit near field photometry here. HDR images may be a useful input. Anyone who did this in Radiance so far?

Basically you need to end up with Radiance(position,direction) as a function. If you have enough HDR images, where you can relate pixel positions to location at luminous surfaces under known directions, this should be doable using Radiance tools.

Cheers, Lars.