[Radiance-general] strange error massage from genBSDF

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:02:45 PDT 2011

Hi David,

I assume you've done the obvious and made sure the file "geometry/BSDF_old_open.rad" exists and is readable.  Try issuing the command with "./geometry/BSDF_old_open.rad" instead and see if that works.  If it does, that means that your RAYPATH environment variable doesn't include the current working directory ('.') as part of the search.  This normally goes in front, e.g., "RAYPATH=.:/usr/local/lib/ray".

The xform command is special in that it searches the RAYPATH directories rather than taking file names you give it literally.  This simplifies creating a library of often-used objects, but can be confusing in other contexts.

Best,
-Greg