[Radiance-general] Three-Phase Method - subdivision of window with sensor located close to the window

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:14:35 PDT 2011

Hi Anne,

I believe David is correct.  I should have looked at your command more closely.  The -I+ switch does not belong.  If you remove it (or set -I-), then the computed radiance values will be accumulated according to the distributed rays out of rsensor, then split again into Klems direction bins by rtcontrib.  The *.vmx files will each contain a single row of 145 RGB coefficients, which processed through dctimestep with the window's BTDF file will ultimately yield a single sensor value at each time step.

I hope this makes sense.  I find it a bit confusing, myself!

Best,
-Greg