[Radiance-general] Gendaylit command

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Thu Mar 17 06:28:58 PDT 2011

Hi Krystyna,

I suggest having a look at at Axel Jacobs document on "Understanding
rtcontrib":

    http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/learnix/docs/rtcontrib_lesson.pdf

On pages 30-32 he provide some excellent explanation of processing
weather data for Radiance and gendaylit. According to this, the best
data points to use are direct normal and diffuse horizontal irradiance
(W/m^2) which should be provided to gendaylit AS IS (eg without any
additional factoring for Radiance). Irradiance data points are suggested
as the best option as apparently not all weather stations actually
measure photometric data, meaning that such values if not measured are
derived from the radiometric data points.

Note reading further will provide some potential cautions on gendaylit
as well....

-Jack

--
# Jack de Valpine