[Radiance-general] [?] how to define the path and name of the .hdr file generated by rad

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 10:00:04 PDT 2011

You are correct.  There is no way to directly specify the exact output file name, which is constructed from the root name you give and the view name, separated by an underscore ('_') and followed by the ".hdr" suffix.  If you want a different name, you either have to run the rpict command yourself or, easier, rename the file after rad is done using "mv" or similar.

-Greg