[Radiance-general] rad -n and -N parameters / switches

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Jun 16 05:42:27 PDT 2011

> Hi, Lars, I'm using windows 7. Thanks!

I do not know about the locking capabilities in Windows. Anyone out here
having experience with rpiece on Windows 7?

What is happening is that rad starts render processes. As these are
supposed to share the ambient data (ambfile) to speed up the work, there
must be a mechanism doing the coordination work on accessing this file.
This is done using file lock (basically you need to make sure that one
process does not write data while another is reading, but waits for the
read to complete).

Cheers, Lars.