[Radiance-general] Can't get gensky to work without sun...

John Mardaljevic jm at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 06:06:39 PDT 2011

The warning should be updated -- I have a suggestion:

"Warning - no light sources found. Wait a mo', you're NOT doing a daylight factor calculation, ARE YOU? I mean, really, in this day and age.  Or could it be the clear sky option in LEED?  Think about it: a clear sky WITHOUT sun - a physically impossible illumination condition in nature!  Isn't that just a bit weird? No, no, don't hit Ctrl-C, I haven't finished..."

Best
John Mardaljevic

Reader in Daylight Modelling
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 116 257 7972

jm at dmu.ac.uk