[Radiance-general] brad

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Jul 19 00:27:45 PDT 2011

Hi!

I hope I do not bother folks not interested in Blender, as this is a
rather specific problem of a tool developed for supporting Radiance, not
a problem related to Radiance itself.

> Which version of Python are you on? It should be something in the low
> 2.x range (I think it was written for 2.3). 3.x will most likely cause
> problems.

Thomas, I am using python 2.7.1 coming with my current Ubuntu, and tried
various 2.4-2.5 releases of Blender.

Randolph, Georg, I added a line reading

# coding=latin-1

to the beginning of the file.

Still, I get a "mismatch in assignment". The full output of the Blender
2.49 session is:

--

lars at lars-laptop:~$ /usr/bin/blender
Compiled with Python version 2.7.1+.
is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:113: SyntaxWarning: name
'configparserok' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name 'lang' is
assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name
'editor_path' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name
'config_path' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name
'export_path' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name 'debug' is
assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name 'brad_path'
is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name
'radiance_binaries_path' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name
'radiance_library_path' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:144: SyntaxWarning: name
'configparserok' is assigned to before global declaration
   global lang, editor_path, config_path, export_path, debug, brad_path,
radiance_binaries_path, radiance_library_path, configparserok
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:705: SyntaxWarning: name 'X' is used
prior to global declaration
   global X
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:710: SyntaxWarning: name 'Y' is used
prior to global declaration
   global Y
No existing configuration file: using default configuration.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py", line 214, in <module>
     from brad_radiance import *
   File "/opt/brad/brad/brad/brad_radiance.py", line 39, in <module>
     from Libwin import *
   File "/opt/brad/brad/gui/Libwin.py", line 41, in <module>
     from BaseWindowClass import BaseWindowClass
   File "/opt/brad/brad/gui/BaseWindowClass.py", line 33, in <module>
     class BaseWindowClass:
   File "/opt/brad/brad/gui/BaseWindowClass.py", line 56, in BaseWindowClass
     0x03, 0x03, 0x03, 0x03, 0x81, 0x81, 0x81, 0x81]
TypeError: size mismatch in assignment
Saved session recovery to /home/lars/.blender/quit.blend
Error Totblock: 2
Buffer dimensions len: 4 0x282a250
Buffer buffer len: 128 0x2a5bb30

Blender quit