[Radiance-general] brad

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Jul 18 04:55:14 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone recently made Brad work using any kind of
Linux?

I have installed the script into /opt/brad, added the symlink to my
~/.blender/scripts, and set the brad_path in brad.py. However, it seams
that the script cannot load its libraries, and I am a real python noob,
so anyone understanding this?

(...)
/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py:710: SyntaxWarning: name 'Y' is used
prior to global declaration
   global Y
No existing configuration file: using default configuration.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/home/lars/.blender/scripts/brad.py", line 209, in <module>
     from brad_i18n     import *
   File "/opt/brad/brad/brad/brad_i18n.py", line 428
SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xe8' in file
/opt/brad/brad/brad/brad_i18n.py on line 428, but no encoding declared;
see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details

Cheers, Lars.