[Radiance-general] First Timer: HELP ON RADIANCE INSTALLATION

Julitta Yunus julittayunus at live.com
Mon Jul 18 00:38:44 PDT 2011

Dear RADIANCE experts,

I'm Julitta. Postgraduate students. Need your help on installing RADIANCE into my laptop. I'm using MacBook Mac OS X 10.6.7.

Read and follow instruction from RAdsite lbnl website and various forum and other websites showing instruction on installing the software. Unfortunately i'm lost and totally black out.

Honestly I do not know where to start, such as... where to type a command... Have tried XAMPP command as suggested but failed to execute or unzip the mentioned files/folder.

I've done the very first part of downloading the rad4R0all.tar.gz. (is it as simple as clicking the address, then it goes to your "downloads" folder, then double click, so from rad4r0_macosx-1.tar turn to a folder of rad4R0_macosx). Then? How to unpack or to be specific where to type this unzip<rad4roall.tar.gz.......

Thank you,

Julitta Yunus