[Radiance-general] rtcontrib

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:12:12 PDT 2011

Thank you! I have other questions related to this program.

(1) Question 1:

In the case that both of "-f", "-b" and "-m" are used, the .cal algorithm
and "-b" option are applied to objects with "-m" materials, for example,

vwrays -ff $vw |rtcontrib @image.opt -ffc $(vwrays -d $vw) -f tregenza.cal
-b tbin -o images/patches/p%03d%s.hdr \
-m sky_glow -m ground_glow -w testroom_whitesky.oct

If I replace "ground_glow" with "ceiling_mat", the .cal will applied to
"ceiling" geometry and divide ceiling into many patches according to the ray
direction and intersection with ceiling?

(2) Question 2:

Assume my model has two windows in the south wall and one sensor in the
interior building, and I wish to calculate the daylighting coefficient of
each patch of sky and each window to the illuminance at the sensor point.
The result is like a matrix as follows:

                    SkyPatch001,       SkyPatch001,
Window01     coefficient (RGB)   coefficient (RGB)
Window02     coefficient (RGB)   coefficient (RGB)

Each coefficient shows the contribution of each sky patch and each window to
the sensor illuminance. Can I achieve this in one rtcontrib command?
Is the following expression right?

[input ray] | rtcontrib -f tregenza.cal -o window_%s.data -b tbin -m
window01_mat -b -b tbin -m window02_mat  [other necessary options]

Thank you,

Jia