[Radiance-general] Luminance to RGB

Chantal Basurto miinchaca at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:01:44 PDT 2011

Thank you all for taking time to answer my questions...actually your reply
is really helping me to put things into context.

*A fast reply:*
The data I have is only luminance (cd/m2), from walls, ceiling and floor of
a real room. The intention is to simulate
that room in Radiance, and one of those walls in reality is orangish so in
this case color might matters as the reflectance
of the material will affect the lighting environment in the room. The aim is
obtaining illuminance levels in simulation
closer to reality (measurements I already took).

As far as I know, in order to describe the materials in a virtual model,
Radiance takes 3 values which correspond to RGB. This
is my question...how to reproduce real material properties in Radiance
(closest to reality).

I'll have a look to the method using the grey scale chart and using the
Macbeth ColorChecker Chart as you mentioned.
I highly appreciate that you pointed me in this direction...

But I'm pretty sure that I'll be here around with more questions in the near
future.  :)

Thanks again!

Best Regards.