[Radiance-general] Surfaces Roughness and simulation parameters

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Tue Jul 12 11:59:15 PDT 2011

Hi Giovanni,

I think that what you need to look at is actually specular jitter and
threshold (-sj and -st), -ms is for something unrelated assuming I
remember correctly.

Another factor that can contribute to the appearance of a "pattern"
(sort of striated) in material with specular and roughness components is
that fact that Radiance use pseudo random sampling. One way to make this
go away (albeit at some expense in terms of compute time as well as
requiring higher image oversampling) is to use the -u switch for
uncorrelated monte carlo sampling.

Best,

-Jack

--