[Radiance-general] Surfaces Roughness and simulation parameters

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Tue Jul 12 11:43:02 PDT 2011

Dear List,

I was trying to simulate the visual appearance of brushed alluminum, but
I am struggling with the roughness of the materials.

I am using metal and metal2 at different roughness settings, but I
always seem to get a pattern in the roughness of the material, I was
wondering if any other rpict parameters affect the material behaviour.

My current suspects are:

-ad   Set the number of ambient divisions to N
-as   Set  the number of ambient super-samples to N
-ms	Set the medium sampling distance to sampdist

does anybody has some insight in this?
Thanks,

Giovanni

Giovanni Betti