[Radiance-general] Luminance to RGB

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 09:36:56 PDT 2011

Hi, Steph,

Not sure if it's helpful but please refer to Axel Jacob's tutorial in page
40 (
http://www.jaloxa.eu/resources/radiance/documentation/docs/radiance_cookbook.pdf
).

According to Axel, the illuminance value (lux) of a point is calculated by
using the following formula:
Illuminance = 179*(R_irradiance*.265 + G_irradiance*.67 + B_irradiance*.065)

I'm not sure if a Luminance value can be converted and split back into RGB
radiance values.

So, maybe the experts here can give you more clearer advices.

- Cheers, Ji