[Radiance-general] 3ds Max -> sketchup -> su2rad ?

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:34:24 PST 2011

Claus.

I just downloaded your file and opened it in SketchUp. I had to update
to the newest version of SU (released last week) but I think that's the
same version you have.

I then installed su2rad from a fresh download from the project site.
However, I had no problems exporting the scene in any mode.

The import from 3DMax creates a SketchUp component which
contains another component with the geometry (12 triangles).
su2rad can handle this structure.

I have checked the code again and I don't know why it would
try to replace the component with an IES file. This should only
happen if the component is created from a *.skp file and a *.ies
file with the same name exists next to *.skp file.

To debug this please open the Ruby console window in SketchUp
and type:

$SU2RAD_LOGLEVEL = 4

Then start the su2rad export function. You should see a number
of messages printed to the Ruby console. If the export finishes
without error it should also create a log file of the export in the
"logfiles" directory. If you can send me the text from the console
or the file I might be able to see what's going on on your machine.

Regards,
Thomas