[Radiance-general] Up-sampling a radiance picture?

Claus Brøndgaard Madsen cbm at create.aau.dk
Wed Jan 12 00:39:18 PST 2011

Dear list

I have a weird question. How can I upsample a radiance image with a factor of 2 (or 4 or 8 ...) on the command line? It is easy to do in HDRShop but I need the functionality embedded in a large script.

I don't any fancy bi-linear interpolation ... simply nearest neighbour will do (i.e., repeating the same pixel four times in the upsampled output image).

I am doing compositing and I wish to composite a high res render with a low res real image. I want to do the compositing in high res, and subsample (using pfilt) afterwards to achieve a little blurring at the edges of the rendered objects ... sort of to feather them into the  image.

Best,
Claus