[Radiance-general] Sunlight hours calculation in radiance

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Tue Feb 15 03:51:17 PST 2011

Thanks Lars,
I see how that's a possibility but it would mean running separate images
and to filter each of them.
It might work on a run over a day in winter but it seems unpractical
over a longer period of time (if you where to do this over a year you
would end up with about 4k images!) I was planning to run only one
simulation with multiple sun positions. Eventually as an optimization
the sun position can be clustereed according to tregenza patches and
each patch weighted based on the number of sun hours it represents (so
you don't even need 4000 sun but maybe only 300...)
Any hint on that?
Thanks,

Giovanni