[Radiance-general] glare analysis

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Aug 30 06:49:55 PDT 2011

Hi dhaRam!

In old times, we used .pic (picture) as a file extension in Radiance.
This however caused some confusion, as there are a lot of differen
formats using the same extension. So some years ago, folks started to
name Radiance "image" data files .hdr (high dynamic range). This is also
officially registred as a mime-type now, and in general is preferred.
However Radiance does not really care about the name of your files.

So if your vht-projected image is in file fish.pic and you want to keep
the old naming, just adopt the command line accordingly.

> 'pinterp -vf fish.hdr -vth -ff fish.hdr 1 > hemi.hdr'

will thus become

pinterp -vf fish.pic -vth -ff fish.pic 1 > hemi.pic

BUT: If you have a closer look at Greg's mail, you will find that you do
something quite different, and I do not really know why. Why do you use
other parameters then Greg proposed?

Cheers, Lars.