[Radiance-general] glare analysis

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Aug 29 07:17:57 PDT 2011

Hi Dharam,

I guess you would be able to implement a reprojection for the images,
either using Radiance's tools or any other software. You could e.g.
start with vwrays -vta (...), which would give you for each pixel of
your required -vta-projection the corresponding vectors. Using rcalc,
you could calculate backwards at which pixel-coordinates in a
vth-projected image of given dimensions the pixel-value for this
direction is found. The problem is that there will be some interpolation
needed in the process. I am not sure whether this will be faster then
re-rendering the images. Did you keep all the files for the renderings,
especially the ambient data? Depending on how you did the renderings,
doing a second run with only changed view-parameters, but existing
ambient cache data could be very quick.

Cheers, Lars.